Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 2

I decided to do a yoga challenge. I want to do at least 15 minutes of yoga per day for sixty days. I should be able to find 15 minutes each day, right? And then, I'm hoping it will get easier, like it has in the past, and I will do it for longer each day, and go beyond 60 days. I don't want to justify NOT doing it, like, well, I danced for an hour, so that counts, instead. I want to do YOGA every day.

A few years ago (well, more than a few!), I started a little bit at a time. I bought a Back Care yoga tape and did that. It got easier quickly, and I added an excruciating ABS yoga routine, which caused me to swear at the TV, VCR, and Rodney Yee. But THAT got easier quickly, too. I was gaining momentum. I added other routines, and I found amazing benefits. I know the benefits, but I haven't been able to get myself back into the habit, no matter what. I imagine it's like what smokers feel; they know how much better their lives would be if they could quit, but there's SOMETHING holding them back. I felt AMAZING when I was doing yoga every day. I want to feel that again.

I decided to keep a blog, because keeping track and putting it in writing will make it easier to keep going. Like it matters more?

My Wii Fit told me tonight that I'd gained almost 7 pounds since we'd last met. Well, it's time for that to turn around. WiiFit is keeping track of my weight and BMI, and here, I'll track yoga and food. Maybe if I'm reporting on what I'm eating, I'll pay attention to it more. The new job gives me a lot of time to sit at a desk and munch, and I do. That needs to stop, too. So... here we go!

Yesterday was Day One. I spent an hour doing yoga in class. It wasn't a bad class, but I need to regain strength and flexibility. Things I USED to be able to do aren't as easy, but some other things are getting better.
I am not sure I will remember what I ate yesterday, but I'll try. One slice of toast with butter (Tuscan Boule), vitamins, half a container of beef stew (which was SO GREAT!), some dark chocolate m&m's, 3 peanut butter Dove chocolates, a Granny Smith apple, some ziti with meatballs, 3? GinGins, a few dark chocolate m&m's, probably more.

Today is Day Two. I did 20 minutes of Rodney Yee Abs Yoga. It's still not a hard as it first was, but it's not as easy as it got, either. I had a bowl of Super Golden Crisp with 1% milk for breakfast, vitamins, 2 blueberry poptarts, a handful of Kashi Fire Roasted Vegetable crackers, 2 dark chocolate Dove chocolates, half a container of STILL YUMMY beef stew, a small bag of doritos, a few chips and salsa, a Frozen Toasted Almond, a chicken taco salad, and I'll have maybe 15-20 dark chocolate m&m's while reading or watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment